Timely seminars and high level events help promote reform. Events are ordered chronologically and include an impressive number of influential speakers from around the world.
Opening Remarks and Launch of the Fossil Fuel Subsidy Indicator:
- Steven Stone, Chief of the Resources and Markets Branch, UN Environment
- Thomas Haidon, Deputy Permanent Representative to the WTO, New Zealand
- Moderator: Thomas Haidon, Deputy Permanent Representative to the WTO, New
Part 1: UN Environment presentation on ‘measuring fossil fuel subsidies in the context of the SDGs’
- Joy A. Kim, Senior Economic Affairs Officer, UNEP
Part 2: How fossil fuel subsidy data supports reform
- Rachel Bae, Senior Counsellor in the Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD
Part 3: Interactive Discussion
Government participants will be invited to answer the following questions:
- Current practice on FFS data collection: Does your Government already collect data on fossil fuel subsidies to consumers and producers, including through tax expenditure (vis a vis the recommendations made in the presented measurement framework)?
- Institutional arrangements: Which institutions and agencies will be involved in reporting SDG Indicator 12.c.1?
- Key challenges and capacity needs: What are the main challenges you face in collecting and reporting data related to SDG Indicator 12.c.1? Might you benefit from peer-to-peer exchanges or from technical assistance?